For $129, we will repair your faulty USB interface/connector enough to be able to safely move your data to another drive. This service does not include fixes for issues such as electronic circuit board failure, firmware corruption, or controller failure, which will require removal of the memory chip. If any of these other problems occur, we will offer send the flash drive to the other lab, but there may be additional charges.
If we fix the broken parts of the drive and it has further problems that prevent the data from being recovered, the drive will require the memory chips to be removed and put in a special machined that can read it. This is a much more advanced recovery and will require more time and resources. In this type of case, a SERT representative will contact you to inform you of the additional charged that may apply. You will then have the option to move forward with the recovery or we will send your drive back to you. You will not be required to pay the $129 should you desire to have the drive shipped back.
Upon completion of the service, we will test the data. A SERT representative will call you to verify the data on the drive is in fact what you are expecting to get back. In addition to that, we will also spot check to make sure the data works. We also have a 14 day warranty on your data as we store a copy on our secure server in case something is missing or not working.
1. The client authorizes SERT Data Recovery, its employees, and agents, to receive and transport this storage media/data to, from and between their service facilities.
2. Any property left with SERT Data Recovery unclaimed for 15 days, will be considered abandoned and will incur a
monthly storage fee equaling 15% of the total price quote stated herein.
3. SERT Data Recovery shall not be liable for any claims regarding the physical functioning of equipment/media or the condition or existence of data on storage media supplied before, during or after service. SERT Data Recovery is not liable for any direct or indirect damages, including loss of data, loss of revenue, incidental or consequential, before, during or after service.
4. SERT Data Recovery techs and personnel agree to absolute Non-Disclosure of any and all information or data involved in your recovery case.
5. Payment is due in full upon completion of successful recovery, prior to release of data whether shipped, picked up
or downloaded. Any additional fees or discounts agreed upon, must be provided in writing or in email and are binding
under this agreement herein.
6. SERT Data Recovery gives warranty on all return media found to be Dead on Arrival (DOA) within 5 days of shipment. Any additional warranty claims must be presented to the original manufacturer or shipping company. SERT Data Recovery keeps all recovered data 15 days to insure against DOA instances.
7. All return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer regardless of the outcome of the recovery process.
8. Your recovery comes with a 15 day data warranty, where your data will be stored on our server for future reference if you find something missing. If you do not want to us to store your data for 15 days, you release us from all warranties included in this agreement pertaining to your recovery case.